Pozwólcie, że tym razem skupię się na pisaniu posta po angielsku, ponieważ wideo, które mam zamiar nagrać będzie pierwotnie po angielsku. W wolnej chwili nałożę ścieżkę audio z polskim.
My friend Witek (you could see couple of his models on this blog, and I also played a game with him last weekend ) has planted a seed for this in my head and I simply followed on from there.
So, the idea was, as you can guess from the title of this post, to make a review of the mats. But different than the other reviews. So far I have only seen reviews that would show one, maybe two mats, usually from the same manufacturer. I started getting in touch with some of the companies and managed to secure samples from some of them.
- To make a comparative VIDEO review in ENGLISH of various mats side by side.
- To show potential buyers maximum angles, views of the mats owned.
- To allow potential buyers to make a decision on their own by providing them with maxium amount of information about the mats owned.
- To perform various test, that are real life scenarios:
- folding - keep the mat folded for 24h and then unfold it - how fast can it go to it's flat state
- waterresistance - spill the same amount of water onto a mat, see if it soaks the mat or stays on top
- reflections - film the mat from various angles to show that there are no / are some reflections, that could spoil your fun
- thickness - measure each mat, show them side by side
- materials used - draft info from the manufacturers on the materials (if it's not a secret :)
- sound of dice - film the same amount of dice being thrown on the table, focus on the sound they make (is it soft or loud?)
- resolution of graphics used - do they look the part?
- price - compare prices of each mat in Euros
- shipping costs - how much does it cost to post it to UK / US / Poland (will be asking each manufacturer for info)
- To present collected data in a chart (?) and allow for well informed decision making.
- No winners! Honest and objective opinion.
Where you, readers, come in
- Have I missed an idea to test the mats? Can you think of some ways to test them?
- Please mind, that I do not want to damage them in any way - they will need to be used later.
- Any particular thing you want to know about the mats? Let me know.
- The sponsors are manufacturers who sent the mat to be reviewed and kept for further battle report making.
- Agreement is that I will, later on, use the mats when filming my batreps and tell the viewers which mat I am using.
So far I got in touch with the following manufacturers and they all agreed to participate in the review (the order is as they responded to my requests):